CMEd Certification: CPD for Pharmacist
CMEd Certification, our award-winning education for Pharmacists is Group 2 CPD accredited. On completion you can do the final assessment and become certified for just $99.
Focusing on evidence-informed complementary medicine ingredients, common health conditions, and delivering integrative care - CMEd Certification is a clinically relevant program designed to help you deliver personalised integrative healthcare.
By completing CMEd Certification you will be able to:
- Select and prioritise the use of appropriate ingredients
- Identify nutrient deficiency signs and symptoms
- Describe the main functions and indications of a range of ingredients
- Develop an integrative plan for the management of common health conditions
And, you can earn up to 35 CPD (Group 2) points!
Clinically relevant education and resources
CMEd Certification is a clinically relevant and interactive program. You will receive the following resources and tools to apply immediately in your practice:
- Complementary Medicines Interactions Guide (CMIG)
- Integrative prescribing template
- Integrative prescribing guide
- Ingredient and condition information sheets
Flexible online delivery
CMEd is broken down into three parts:
- Health Conditions 1
- Health Conditions 2
Our approach is straightforward – complete the modules (allow 20 minutes per module) and learn how to apply your knowledge during a 2-hour virtual masterclass.
Research conducted by Blackmores Institute indicates 48% of Pharmacists lack the confidence to
recommend complementary medicines.
Pharmacists who completed CMEd Certification felt they would:
- Have sound working knowledge of complementary medicine after completion of the training
- Feel comfortable explaining/recommending the use of appropriate Complementary Medicines to
their customers after completion of the training
Symposia, seminars and student training
Blackmores Institute hosts a range of face-to-face academic and training events throughout the year in Australia and throughout Asia. These include:
Scientific research symposia – featuring internationally renowned experts who provide health professionals with valuable insights on translating research into clinical practice.
Pharmacist masterclass and education seminars – clinically focused events developed to illustrate evidence-based steps pharmacists can take to offer an integrative approach to pharmacy healthcare advice.
Student training – aimed at educating pharmacists of the future, Blackmores Institute has associations with a number of leading education institutions in Thailand, Singapore, Hong Kong and Malaysia.
Get in touch with our education team to learn about upcoming events or get involved with education opportunities [email protected]